Tuesday, February 3, 2009

She's READING!!!!!

WOW!! Shelby read her first words today in phonics! She read "nut" and "bat "!!!!!! Can you believe she is only in K-4 and next year when she starts kKindergarten she will be reading already! That is so amazing! Jeffrey and Gracie read as well. Gracie knows her blends pretty well.. she is not as quick as Jeffrey and Shelby but she can identify and say the sounds of letters separate and together in blends(ex: "ba" and "nu") then they add the last consonant and they have their first words! Amazing! Anyway. I thought you would all like to know.

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful. It is amazing how much they can understand and learn. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I have been homeschooling a preschooler, and she's just about there too!! She's been gone for a month with her family, but her mom was going to work with her some while they were gone. They just got back this week, so we'll see how much she lost/gained while she was gone. It's so rewarding and awesome when they finally get something!!

    Esther

    P.S. Stephen said you were having trouble getting to my blog. I just now remembered, so I'm going to see if I can fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    It's me again. I got my profile fixed so you should be able to get to my blog now from there. Enjoy!!!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete