Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"What are your thoughts?"

I read this short poem in a book I'm reading called " A Chance to Die" The life and legacy of Amy Carmichael. When I came across it, I was immediately checked. What have my thoughts been lately? The scripture then came to mind:

"and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your MINDS in Christ Jesus. Finally brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely whatever is of good repute, if there be any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things"

It goes on to say that if we practice these things the peace of God will be with us.

Amy Carmichael wrote:
"Think truly, and thy thoughts shall be
Spotless with God's own purity.
On every thought-bud let us bear
The stamp of truth and love and prayer."

What a reminder to keep your thoughts pure! Your attitude reflects whats in your heart. What's in your heart comes out of your mouth!
-S

1 comment:

  1. Stephen says we have to get in contact somehow. I would enjoy talking to you. We may or may not have a lot in common, but nevertheless, I would enjoy getting to know you. It's ok to call me. Stephen said he gave you my numbers. If you need them again, just ask him. He'll be more than happy to give them to you again!!!!

    Enjoy your blog. The girls are so cute in their ballet!! Stephen talks about you all all the time!! He adores the children, and really enjoys spending time with you all. Thank you for taking him in and giving him some good Christian fellowship. That's something we all need.

    Looking forward to maybe getting in touch with you.

    Esther Junod (Steve's sister)

    ReplyDelete